On February 9, three more IUF affiliate LRSU union leaders– Chaup Channath, Sao Sambath and Seng Vannarith– were charged and sent to prison as the government desperately tries to break the 53 day strike and cover up the human rights violations at NagaWorld that led to strike action.
- The detention of Chaup Channath, Sao Sambath and Seng Vannarith adds to the eight LRSU leaders already imprisoned a month ago and awaiting sentencing: Chhim Sithar (Union President), Chhim Sokhorn (Union Secretary), Kleang Soben (Union Negotiation Committee), Sun Sreypich (Union Negotiation Committee), Hai Sopheap (Union Negotiation Committee), Ry Sovandy (Union Negotiation Committee),Touch Sereymeas (Union Activist), and Sok Narith (Union Advisor)
- The actions of the Cambodian government violate several international human rights conventions including the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and ILO Convention No.87 and Convention No. 98 on the freedom of association, the right to organize and collective bargaining; Ministry of Labour officials also colluded with NagaWorld management to prevent effective mediation by the Arbitration Council, forcing LRSU members to vote for strike action
- In a further attack on the right to freedom of association, the right to strike and the right to freedom of assembly, new arrest warrants were issued for four women union leaders on February 6, 2022
- Release the 11 jailed unionists and drop all charges
- Reinstate the 365 NagaWorld union leaders and members
- Negotiate in good faith with LRSU