IUF and EFFAT along with their affiliated trade unions, reiterate their demands to governments and multinationals to take action and bring change to millions of children’s lives:
- Introduce mandatory human rights due diligence legislation
- Ensure traceability of all goods in the agricultural supply chains so that no child labour can be used
- Pay a fair price for agricultural crops to ensure that small holders receive a living income and waged workers are paid a living wage
- Establish laws on child labour in agriculture in compliance with ILO C138 and C182 without exemptions on minimum age and enforce these laws through government labour inspection
- Remove the obstacles to workers organizing in agriculture
Each step taken toward eradicating child labour will give every child the tools to thrive.
End child labour.